5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 29
Roslindale Village Holiday Wander is tonight from 5 to 9 p.m. Extended shopping hours, cooking demos, tastings and more!
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the Roslindale Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The annual Roslindale Village Holiday Wander, a weekly Thursday evening holiday stroll from 5-9 p.m., begins on Thursday. Featuring festivities and extended shopping hours at more than 25 local shops and restaurants, plus live music and weekly retail events – from cooking demos and tastings to craft and game nights – are intended to attract customers to Roslindale Village by offering a lively, enriching shopping experience.
- Today is Toddler Storytime and Singalong at the Roslindale Library for children 5 and younger. Free. 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- The Roslindale-West Roxbury Kiwanis Club meets today at 12:15 p.m. at the West Roxbury YMCA. The Roslindale-West Roxbury Kiwanis Club has been serving the needs of the community since 1935. Visitors are most welcome to join.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest to win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools and $500 for your electricity bill.
- George Greenamyer's sculpture "Traffic" in the Alexander the Great intersection was to be installed this week, but it will be installed next week Belgrade Avenue and Corinth Street.
Things you can do every day on Roslindale Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.