5 Things: A Flu Shot Shortage; and Register for Parkway Little League
Get ready for Eclectic Expressions on Thursday at the Roslindale Community Center.
This Patch column provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the Roslindale Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- On Thursday, all ages are welcome to Eclectic Expressions. A free musical event which will explore diversity through vocal music. The event will include rhythm-n-blues, spoken word, Americana, world jazz, Gospel, Afro-pop, and more. Organized by Lisa Marie Garver, of the voice faculty at The Real School of Music. BCYF Roslindale Community Center. Call 617-635-5185 or Lisa Marie Garver at 503-902-2140 for more info. 6-8 p.m.
- There's a flu shot shortage, with Sullivan's Pharmacy and the Greater Roslindale Medical & Dental Center expecting more for Wednesday. Click here to find where you can get a flu shots in Roslindale - but call ahead first.
- Are you the owner of a Roslindale business and not a member of the Roslindale Village Main Street Business Membership? "RVMS supports local businesses through marketing efforts, promotional opportunities, technical and design assistance, and networking events. In turn, businesses support our activities through participation in our programs and events, volunteerism, and annual membership donations." Click here to download a membership form.
- Registration for Parkway Little League is now open online.
- On Thursday night, Congressman Stephen Lynch, who is exploring a US Senate run, will be the guest speaker at the Ward 20 Democratic Committee meeting. 7 p.m. West Roxbury Pub Function Room, 1885 Centre St. The meeting is open to the public. Free.
Things you can do every day on Roslindale Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.